For smaller businesses which don’t pay business rates, the government has introduced a one off cash grant scheme of up to 10,000.
Businesses currently getting Small Business Rates Relief (SBBR) are eligible for this, as are those getting Rural Rates Relief.
Who Is Eligible?
- Your business must be in England
- You occupy a business premises
- As of 11/3/20 you are already receiving rates relief
How Can Our Business Get the Government Coronavirus Grant?
There is no action to take on your behalf to benefit from this, you’ll be contacted by your local council in due course if they feel you are eligible.
What is Excluded Under the Small Business Grant Fund?
- Anyone using a premises for personal use
- Parking spaces or car parks
- Any business in liquidation as of 11th March